Gomde California is presently looking to fill the position of Resident Ground Staff. The ideal candidate would start in early summer and work directly with the current Grounds Resident Staff person, as a Resident Summer Staff, taking over the position starting September 1st.
- Conducting and overseeing land maintenance throughout the year
- Campground and trail maintenance
- Clearing brush for fuel reduction
- Planning and maintaining gardens and landscaping
- Operating and maintaining tools and equipment
- Maintaining roads and drainage
- Assisting with fire management and emergency services planning
- Overseeing maintenance of water systems, including water quality testing and tracking
- Working as staff during programs as needed
- Supervising Gomde volunteers on land-related projects
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Land and garden maintenance experience
- The ability to work independently and in groups
- Physical fitness necessary for strenuous outdoor labor
- Competence in water systems a plus
- Good communication and team building
- Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
- Driver License and own car or means of transportation
Dharma practitioners are preferred for this position, and participation in daily group practice is highly encouraged. These are resident positions, which include room, utilities and meals when programs are underway. Salary is dependent on skills and experience. Free attendance at all Gomde programs and retreats is included.
Please email, Joanne Brion, Gomde Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete job description and to request an application.