Click the link below to view our June Program Update:
As a volunteer-run organization, we need your help with every aspect of operations. Right now, we’re promoting our Summer Programs with flyers in all of our California communities. Please download these flyers, print them, and hang them in your community. Or, if you’d like us to send you a batch of professionally printed flyers, contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Gomde California is presently looking to fill the position of Resident Ground Staff. The ideal candidate would start in early summer and work directly with the current Grounds Resident Staff person, as a Resident Summer Staff, taking over the position starting September 1st.
- Conducting and overseeing land maintenance throughout the year
- Campground and trail maintenance
- Clearing brush for fuel reduction
- Planning and maintaining gardens and landscaping
- Operating and maintaining tools and equipment
- Maintaining roads and drainage
- Assisting with fire management and emergency services planning
- Overseeing maintenance of water systems, including water quality testing and tracking
- Working as staff during programs as needed
- Supervising Gomde volunteers on land-related projects
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Land and garden maintenance experience
- The ability to work independently and in groups
- Physical fitness necessary for strenuous outdoor labor
- Competence in water systems a plus
- Good communication and team building
- Basic computer skills including Word and Excel
- Driver License and own car or means of transportation
Dharma practitioners are preferred for this position, and participation in daily group practice is highly encouraged. These are resident positions, which include room, utilities and meals when programs are underway. Salary is dependent on skills and experience. Free attendance at all Gomde programs and retreats is included.
Please email, Shabad Khalsa, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete job description and to request an application.
TUNE IN FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
The 2016 Annual November Seminar in Nepal is available online now through 11/25 via Dharma Sun.
You can access these precious teachings from your home anywhere in the world
To register and watch for this online seminar please visit the Dharma Sun website.
Sponsor a Prayer for the Sick, Dying and the Recently Deceased
Buddhist monasteries and Dharma communities traditionally offer prayers and perform rituals on behalf of those who are sick or experiencing trauma, as well as for the dying and deceased. At Rangjung Yeshe Gomde California our resident monastics and staff also perform the reading of names of those in need of healing, who are in the process of dying, or who have recently passed away. The reading of names is included in our evening meditation session so that the merit from our communal practice may aid those in need, as well as their families and loved ones. Names remain on the prayer list for as long as needed, and in the case of those who have recently passed, for the traditional 49 days following death.
For more information on how two add someone to the prayer list or sponsor pujas on their behalf, please visit the Prayers and Offerings page.
The dedicated team behind the Tārā’s Triple Excellent Online Program is excited to announce the launch Part 1 of the Third Excellence. This new stage of Tārā practice begins with a thorough introduction to Vajrayana, from its historical development to the crucial points of tantric practice. The daily contemplations and meditations are designed to answer all of our questions about visualization practice wo that we understand the importance of visualization practices and how it transforms our minds.
The practice of the Third Excellence is lead by Lama Tenzin Sangpo and Ani Choying Drolma, whose chanting practitioners follow through the practice. Ani Choying Drolma has also recorded the Twenty-One Praises in Tibetan with a beautiful melody at a slower pace to help us become familiar with Tibetan pronunciation. Recordings of the Twenty-One Praises will also be available in English with equally beautiful melodies which we can choose to follow at a slow or fast pace.
For more information and to register, please visit the new, beautiful, and user-friendly Dharma Sun website, home to all of Chökyi Nyima Rinpcohe’s practice programs.
We are pleased to make the Rangjung Yeshe Gomde California Annual Financial Report for 2015 available to everyone. It is important to us that the entire Gomde CA community be clear on how your generous contributions and program fees are being used to fulfill Rinpoche’s vision for our center and our mission to study, practice, and preserve the authentic Buddhist teachings Rinpoche offers us. Everyone is most welcome to share their thoughts and ideas with us.
Adopted by Board of Directors – February 24, 2016
There are three (3) overall management areas with existing subareas nesting under the direction of one person or director. The three directors will work as a team in managing Gomde’s operations, programs, and long-term development in a cohesive manner. Current managers of particular areas will serve under each overall director, but will still retain most of their responsibilities. Each manager will work closely with and report to the director in their area. See attached Matrix with current staffing and volunteers by main areas, and subareas. Joanne Brion also serves as Treasurer for the organization; Ryan Damron serves as Vice President and Board Member, and Rhonda LoPresti serves as Board Member.
- Gomde Director: Joanne Brion
Gomde Director oversees managing all staff and volunteers that live on the land, and other volunteers such as housekeeping. Management areas of responsibility include:
- Finance and Administration, which includes Insurance, Legal, Corp documents
- Land and Building Management/ Maintenance, furnishings, design, and equipment
- Ratna Shop – inventor, shop during summer and weekend retreats, and online shop
- Master Plan and Long Range Planning
- Kitchen and Cooks – large seminars, summer programs, and weekend retreats
- Personal Retreats
- Development and Publicity Director: Rhonda LoPresti
Development and Publicity Director oversees all aspects of communications, branding, messaging, advertising, outreach, and fundraising for projects and on-going operations. Management areas of responsibility include Fund Raising and Development:
- Marketing, Branding and Messaging
- Capital Campaign Development, and Fundraising
- Communications and Advertising
- Membership Development
- Programs, Education and Practice Director: Ryan Damron
The Program Director is the liaison with the international Sangha, RYI, and Nepal Sangha. Management areas of responsibility include:
- Seminars and Programs, including Children’s Programs
- Dharmachakra Translation Committee (DTC) – Translation Training program
- Buddhist Studies Program
- Study Weekends and Practice Weekends
- Website, Audio Visual and Archiving, which includes archiving and video/audio production.
Click here for our Management Matrix document.
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2016 Dharmachakra School of Translation and the Buddhist Studies Summer Program. Both residential programs provide an immersive study and practice experience at our remote, beautiful center. For more information on these programs and to apply please follow the links below. We look forward to seeing you this summer.
The annual Fall Seminar at Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery, Kathmandu, starts on November 15th and runs for five days. Registration is open until November 25th.
Click here for information and registration.